Pages

Sunday, July 4, 2010

Beltane Diary Day

Beltane Diary Day Image
As ever I have been thinking over my Beltane sabbat plans far too late but hey, I like to be spontaneous! I have, however, given some thought to what I want to do. Beltane (to most known as May Day) is well known for being a fertility festival but I currently have no need of the literal interpretation of this! Therefore, I'd like to honour the masculine and feminine and to think about how I channel both energies in my life and how they both enrich my life and drive me forwards.

So here are some of the things I plan to include:


* A "maypole" for my altar. I'm currently looking for a suitable branch to use, which should ideally be oak or hazel. I shall then wrap red and white ribbons around it. (This represents masculinity).

* Again, for the fertility aspect of the festival, I'm using a triple moon chalice and hope to put rain water in it on the day. (This represents femininity).

* Roses. I'm going to use some fresh cut roses for decoration but also am using rose petals for my spell ritual. If I have the time to make a flower basket when I am done, I shall give it away as a gift.

* Fire is an important element of Beltane so red and white candles are to be a central feature.

For my spell, I will be looking at the balance of male and female and aiming for a sense of completeness.

Don't forget to check out the Beltane sale over at Destiny Charms!

Keywords: free magic spells  the rituals  pagan religions  anglo saxon culture  white magic spells for free  magic spells curses  astral projection rope technique  free book of shadows download  astral projection methods  shaman healer