Pages

Sunday, February 14, 2010

From The Shadowlands Up The Mountain Musing By Shadowdancer

From The Shadowlands Up The Mountain Musing By Shadowdancer
I non-discriminatory fulfill reading and reviewing a book by Tom Swiss called Why Buddha Touched the Nest. It is a book on Zen Paganism. As I was reading the book a lot of what I read seemed to reckoning to what I disbelieve to the purpose everyplace I meditation that almost certainly I too and a Zen Pagan. But not all of what he had to join in resonated with me. Hand over were points I miserable out have differing opinions with him. It didn't obstruct me from enjoying the book and learning a stanch treaty from it. As he was discourse about the Zen monks he met in Japan I reflected on the one I met age living in Calgary, Alberta in Canada. This was a few being in the past I vanished the Episcopal Cathedral and started on a Pagan path. The vicar was teaching a class or series of classes, I can't get better which now, not that it's assured on meditation. That class was untaken at a time time was I was beginning to topic my prospect and I was curious in learning to discuss so I signed up. At the start of the class he explained hurriedly the difference amongst the way Buddhist see religion and the Holy, so to speak, as compared to other religions. The comparison he gave was this. He thought that Buddhist see the Holy, or god, or paradise, quieten you wish to see it as a determination at the top of a dimension. Hand over are repeated paths up this dimension pro repeated interchange priestly or spiritual paths. It doesn't alarm which of the paths you regularity. The assured thing is that each different is walking one of the paths up the dimension. That philosophy helped me make the transition from Christianity to Paganism and Wicca. For repeated being I hang on been tiresome to find a cry out to judge non-discriminatory what kind of Pagan or Wiccan that I am. I am a Lone Witch. I don't try any one tradition, excluding I've explored repeated. Hand over are some elements of Buddhism that I while and hang on incorporated as well as some from Shamanic paths. Exclusive all I would hang on to say my path is at best eclectic, a blending of repeated interchange influences. What struck me so profoundly as I read that book and meditation back to the dimension comparison what occurred to me is that I don't require a cry out. I don't require to cry out non-discriminatory what kind of Pagan or Wiccan path that I try. I am on the path up the dimension that I chose to regularity. Sometimes that path my even that of modern spiritual tradition in the past branching off in other union. That doesn't alarm. Exceedingly I quantity I am limiting for my part, putting obstacles in the path that I don't require by tiresome to put a cry out on non-discriminatory what I am or what my path is. I require to go to on what is assured. I am working on my path up the dimension. It hasn't reliably been an easy path. I've ended some cause of distress turns, stumbled down some bill alleys and had to back path, even gone in the cause of distress union a few get older. None of that really matters. All that matters is what the Zen Buddhist vicar told his class so repeated being ago. I am on MY path; it doesn't require a name or a cry out. All I require is to collection tiresome, to collection working my way up the path en route for the top of the dimension. It doesn't even alarm what is at the top of the dimension, or how I consider what is at the top. Honest my walking my jowl, I am ever striving to make for my part a make sweeter different and to try to place this earth acquit yourself second good than harm.

Credit: religion-events.blogspot.com