Pages

Saturday, April 28, 2012

Neopaganism Behind The Scenes

Neopaganism Behind The Scenes Image
Just thought I'd give a brief tour of my 'Crafty' life (pun intended). I live in Beautiful British Columbia Canada. There is a large concentration of Pagans here, maybe it's the great weather, or hippie-enviro friendly bent people, or perhaps it's the gorgeous landscape, giant mountains, deep lakes and old Native gods I live under a mountain surrounded by trees, many of them magical. I am a cook, a website administrator, a ritual tool maker and a witch.

I started woodworking when my partner and I found a forked staff that looked like a bull. Unfortunately the staff was riddled with termites, but it did lead me on to making other things. I started learning how to make to wands, which led me to researching trees; their magical width:200px;margin:0 10px 10px 0;" src="http://pic1.picturetrail.com/VOL1146/4607092/9659202/169802157.jpg" border="0" alt=" />"Hail to thee, O [tree]!

Old Lady, give me of this wood,

And I will give thee some of mine,

When I grow into a tree.

Send the power into this branch,

That thy strength will flow through it


For the good of allKa!

Old Lady [tree]!

Accept my thanks


For thy power in this branch.

That its power there will remain,

Working for the good of all.

Ka! - Pennick

On the top left is a picture of my workshop, you can't see all the different woods I have strewn about, but there are quite a few. I work with all types of woods, my absolute favourite magical woods to craft with are Hawthorn, Blackthorn, Rowan and Alder. After much experimentation, trial & error I now know what I am capable of crafting and what I am not. I love making rune sets, wands, besoms and altar pentacles. The harder things to make are pendulums and athames - but the results are always worth it! I like to work with very few tools, all I have is a dremel and a saw. I'm also very to happy to say my parter just gave me some lovely woodcarving tools I've yet to test out. They're exquisite - I finally have a plane!

At the beginning of July 2006 I opened an Ebay Store, also called CUNNING ART WOODCRAFTS, where I sell my woodcrafting creations as well as herbs, charms, and spell tools - all handcrafted. Thanks to the Ebay store I've gotten many custom requests from clients that wish for more personalized ritual tools. It's been a wonderful experience so far and I hope my little business keeps growing. I hope to keep exanding on this blog - giving examples of the process of making tools, the meanings behind each ritual item, as well as going over the magical properties and uses for sacred trees. Blessings, Lolair



Keywords: paganism and wicca  magic and spells  powerful white magic spells  nordic rune  anglo saxon warrior  free magic spells  how to become a shaman  freemasonry logos