Pages

Saturday, October 25, 2008

Marvelous Monday Magic July 1St 2013

Marvelous Monday Magic July 1St 2013
OUR DEAREST SPICY SISTER IS JUST RETURNING FROM HER TRIP TO SPAIN SO HER LOVELY MOTHER, DORICA, IS FILLING IN FOR HER! THIS IS ACTUALLY FROM LAST WEEK AND WE'D ALREADY HAD A FILL-IN POST, BUT I HAD TO SAVE THIS TO SHARE WITH YOU BECAUSE I LOVE IT AND I KNOW YOU WILL TOO! ~ LOVE, SPARKLE FAIRY

The Spicy Fairy!The Spicy Fairy is currently touring Madrid, after 5 nights in Barcelona. She has asked me, her mom, to fill in while she is away. I thought I would start by acknowledging my admiration for the creativity and authenticity of each one of you. I am grateful to all of you, and most of all Kate, for including Spicy at the sweet age of 16, (now18 years old) in this venue of women's wisdom. She loves writing for MEM and I'm proud to say she has been very dedicated to it. She has learned a tremendous amount from the positive perspectives on love and life expressed here. Thank you!I know most of you have young children, so I thought I would write a short note about the upside of having a teenager! Something you can look forward to! Some people dread the teen years, but I loved every minute,( well, almost!) Honest, open relating with your teenager nourishes the roots they need to be able to explore new territory. It can be a blast for parents as well!

* Teenagers are fun, funny and full of life! I encourage you to allow your house to be full of teen friends as often as possible. Be the cool mom! Have lots of food and drinks on hand and a place in your house they can call their own to hang out together. Let them be loud and boisterous - embrace and enjoy their self expression! Allow the house get messy - they don't care! Just make them clean up after themselves in order to come back. It works!
* Remember all the mistakes your own mother made, and AVOID doing the same things! Whew!
* Let them BE! Don't mold them - let them UNFOLD! They have so much to offer!
* Watch for those first crushes, and talk to them. Enjoy the rush of libido and love for everything when this happens! Cherish those sweet smiles when they are talking, texting, chatting with their crush! Loved that!
* When they challenge you, and they will, really stop and consider your own position. Is it REALLY "your "value, or is it an old ingrained value of your parent's, the culture's, the neighborhood, etc.. It is a chance for us to be more authentic too.
* It is difficult, but create your own limits, expectations, boundaries. Knowing your teen, knowing yourself and knowing what they can manage independently is key.
* Listen to your teen. Allow them to tell you what is going on. Allow them to make mistakes and TELL you about it. Punish minimally. Educate instead.

I'm sure there is more I could say, but I think that is a good basic start. Here is my MEM!

* The biggest Full Moon of the year! Wow! Wasn't it spectacular? I made some Moon water, soaking in those Lunar energies - a new tradition for Full Moons!
* Alexa was in Barcelona at a light show on the night of the biggest full moon of the year! (Photo attached!)
* Being able to afford to send Alexa to Spain! Knowing she is mature enough to go on her own!
* Enjoying the quiet house in the evenings when she's away.
* Getting the sweet spot in the driveway every night when she's gone!
* Getting the sweet spot on the couch every evening when she's gone! :D
* Missing her, but hearing from her everyday, and knowing she is having a life changing experience!

Have a wonderful week, and thanks for letting me share in the fun! Thanks again for loving my Spicy girl! I love her sooooooo much! It's great to share!

Blessings to all, Dorica

Light show in Barcelona with full moon.



Source: witchnest.blogspot.com