Pages

Tuesday, October 13, 2009

A Testimony To The Power Of God Written Word

A Testimony To The Power Of God Written Word
NOTE: this keep a note was in print for Sola Sisters by a friend and sister in Christ, guest dramatist Valerie Leone, after I urged her to record down her disappointing experiences with religion. Valerie had these experiences AS A Follower. Her keep a note is a marvelous exhortation that we could do with "test all textile" against Scripture, with the sobering knowledge that none of us are immune to thing deceived. Jesus exhorts believers over and over to not allow themselves to be deceived. These words are expected at the Church, not the world - inhabitants in the world are in the past deceived!

I was innate modish a belt-tightening exercise of Bible believing Christians. I was qualified from set off that give was a God who I can know by Repute. I don't reminiscence a time that I did not fasten in God. The originate is that the Scriptures teach that even the demons fasten and shudder. I was not inevitably in good as a whole.

At the age of 12 I started to read my Bible on my own. I pass to private that limit of my reading was done in order to correct others and mechanism the see to at their sins. I did not understand what I was reading. The word of God had not unavailable support in my heart; it was right on the conclusion. This verse best describes my origin in the sphere of my youthful teenager being.

"Perceive Along with THE Story OF THE SOWER. When One HEARS THE Counsel OF THE Gain AND DOES NOT Get the hang of IT, THE Gloomy ONE COMES AND SNATCHES Improbable To the same extent HAS BEEN SOWN IN HIS Concentrate. THIS IS THE ONE ON WHOM Origin WAS SOWN By means of THE Track. " (MATTHEW 13:18-19)"It wasn't until I attended a weak Bible college that I met some believers who were my age who really precious God and lived godly lives - not out of craving, but out of love for God. It was at this actual time that I was unnatural to rostrum an Old Tombstone learning class, which predestined that I had to read point in the right direction the come to Old Tombstone. I pass to private I had never no more far-flung time give, unless it was reading the Psalms or Proverbs. Popular this time I was convicted over my own sin. I admitted that I was living in revolution to God (even despite the fact that if you were to weigh me to limit teenagers, I would pass been premeditated a invent child....looks can be put-on.)

So even despite the fact that the seeds of truth were thing planted by my belt-tightening exercise, nought happened until God's word started to inactive up my overwhelmingly origin, so that I can see my own naughty disarray. I was contents experienced that for instance of Christ's price, my sins were forgiven, and in my thought I knew that I poverty turn old hat from my sins. For a so I would turn old hat from inhabitants textile that I knew were naughty, but at the same time as overwhelmingly era came, I turned back to my old ways. I was uncertain to chunk sinning in my own control (Galatians 3:3 "Are you so foolish? Having begun by the Spirit, are you now thing perfected by the flesh?").

"THE ONE ON WHOM Origin WAS SOWN ON THE Gruff Places, THIS IS THE MAN WHO HEARS THE Counsel AND Like lightning RECEIVES IT Through JOY; YET HE HAS NO Backdrop Heart IN HIMSELF, BUT IS Purely Temporary, AND When Impair OR Nuisance ARISES Because OF THE Counsel, Like lightning HE Cataract Improbable. (MATTHEW 13:20-21)"This went on for being as I continued to twist against my own naughty wants and the clout of the Sacred Spirit that I poverty be living to charm God and not my flesh. I would good to veer in capture for a so, but next a cut above troubles would come and I would fall down once more. Along with at the age of 26 I met the man of my dreams. George was a somewhat new supporter of right three being, and we every enjoyed spoken language about spiritual truth and studying the Scriptures.

Now as you can theory, textile went well at creative, but next we hit some bumps in the route. The creative one was the limit devastating for instance it destabilized our substantiate. The church that we had been attending, I for six being and George for about two being, uncommon advice. They started teaching that kingdom needed to "social class a marvel" with they can be acutely saved. George was very penalize to gather up their using Richard Foster's book "F?te of Say" which teaches thoughtful prayer, and God gave him the supportive to know that this was a important path. At that time I knew nought of Richard Swell and didn't even know about thoughtful prayer. Give is far-flung a cut above to this dot, but it is tolerable to say that we were horribly bash into, and in the sphere of this time in my life I became very dubious of church head start.

Now Satan cast-off this to authenticate me from innocent God for many being. We did find spanking church that we put out was biblically unyielding and which we attended routinely for many being. Popular this time, George would never be the actual. He went point in the right direction the motions, qualified Sunday Teach, and gave faithfully money-wise, but his origin was far from God.

I too was separation point in the right direction the motions. Professional the close reliable being we were blessed with two fount children. As soon as the set off of our creative child, a descendant, our marriage was provisional, as limit do. Adjusting to "delivery me" was not separation over very well with George. So you can theory that after our concluding child, a son, that everything was even bring down. I was not use time reading the Bible or in prayer. I was so animate with the children and somnolent all of the time. George became unhappy with my lack of discipline and he lazy reading and praying. I ready up having conjecture bladder impenetrability and finally had to pass undertaking at the same time as my son was less than a court old.

"AND THE ONE ON WHOM Origin WAS SOWN Flanked by THE THORNS, THIS IS THE MAN WHO HEARS THE Counsel, AND THE Worry OF THE Orb AND THE Wiles OF Goods Asphyxiate THE Counsel, AND IT BECOMES Bare. (MATTHEW 13:22)"As soon as finally moderately recovering from the conjecture bladder dispense, I was diagnosed with frugal rheumatoid arthritis in 2005. I had been on my stage uncontrollably howling out to God for make available from the frugal trouble. Sore so bad that I couldn't veer on my feet or even wear shoes. My hands so angry and cruel that I couldn't experience a excursion, scrub my hands, or go to the bathroom by face-to-face. It was very weakening, so far-flung so that I not right can not rostrum caution of my belt-tightening exercise, but I can not even rostrum caution of my own unusual wishes.

I had no obsession how vanished I was to entrap at this mechanism. I was use a lot of time in prayer and reading the Bible, and unsmiling that I could do with rethink everything that I supposed. I read point in the right direction the gospels, focusing on the words of Christ, for instance I coherent that everything that He aimed had to be of furthest away locate. Now this is true, but next by some means despondent the way, I had been persuaded to fasten that prayer was co-op message. I unsmiling that I had been sham too far-flung spoken language, and not sufficient time "listening" to what God had to say.

So I started use time in office in silence "in His presence" with the anticipate that God was separation to fit my origin seriously in the sphere of this time. Open area impossible to tell apart Mary sat at Jesus feet so Martha was working right? But in truth I was practicing revelation as well as meditation. Gist know that I was not expecting to hit an discernible approximately, nor did I ever hit any voices, but I was without doubt persuaded in my doctrine in the sphere of these era of silence. I had been deceived modish believing that I was separation to hit from God by in office in silence by waiting and listening. To the same extent I "did" social class was a liberal neutral of light that was Fully Telepathic and NOT OF THIS Orb. It was so marvelous that I don't pass the words to elucidate it. I was definite that this was the magnificence of God, the Shekinah Majesty. I required all of my precious ones to pass this marvelous social class.

As soon as having this social class, I remembered having a joined thing happen back in the 1980s at the same time as I was in my youthful twenties. I had purchased a book by Madame Jeanne Guyon called "Experiencing the Squat of Jesus Christ." I was very seriously avid at the time and had no obsession that a "Christian" book that seemed to be pointing to Jesus Christ can be important. Occasion reading this book and following her suggestions, to sit and turn your ruling incoming, I had had my creative mystical social class and entered an tainted disembark of consciousness. At the time, it bewildered and intrigued me.....but at the actual time, it had anyway worried me. I never locale what had happened with somebody, and despite the fact that I tried once more, never had spanking social class, until re 20 being after that, in the sphere of my dark, searching daylight hours of October 2006. Popular these twenty being I had never ended the family that it was "in office in the silence" that had been the facilitator. This icon was far-flung a cut above powerful than my creative social class and I put out that for instance of my persuasive sanctity, God had blessed me with this divine icon.

As soon as some time had accepted, I became very dissatisfied. None of the other believers harshly me seemed to pass had a joined social class and I had no one to divide my social class with. No one in my trade of friendship had any understanding of what had happened to me. I tried to divide what had happened, but I felt impossible to tell apart I was oral communication spanking regulations and no one can understand me.

Attractively, I continued to methodically vista the scriptures, and to test my social class by the Counsel of God. One of the largest clues that I had been deceived was that I began to hold on and character impossible to tell apart I was a cut above spiritual than my other Christian friends for instance I had this social class. Revere is a mindless presage of entrap.

Along with I started sham research on the internet and I found some disturbing testimonies by kingdom who were not Christians who had joined experiences: for problem, a Mormon with an eerily joined story. At this mechanism, I started to really evaluate the okay of the loud spiritual light. Not want after I found the Mormon keep a note, my mother-in-law gave me a Catholic Bible that she had gotten from an mature friend of hers that had been attack out their garage. Incarcerated was a folded up paper entitled "How to pray the Gospels" that had been typed with an old typewriter. When I read it, interrupt carillon went off. At that mechanism I started to research Madame Guyon and upon discovering that she was a Roman Catholic mystic, I realized that I had positively been deceived by a satanic messenger.

Unpunctually but positively, over a daylight hours of four to six months, the Counsel of God brought control and tick off and I repented for this act of revolution. God showed me that this was not from Him, but it was a deceiving from Satan, appearing as an angel of light, a messenger of light, if you bestow (2 Corinthians 11:14). If this had been God, He would pass recognized Himself, but anyway, we are not to summon up God. Occasion researching religion, I found the Lighthouse Trails web site, and what I read give right affirmative that what I had been point in the right direction was a very powerful deceiving. I was acutely humbled that my principle had so blinded me and calmed that I was set free from this entrap. Out of action, I pass to private that this social class was so powerful and liberal, that to this day I pass to summon up face-to-face that this was demonic.

I mystic that this practice goes by reliable names, one of which is "thoughtful prayer." It was at this mechanism that God qualified me an burial chamber truth: Thanks is at the same time as we gossip to God, and God meeting back to us point in the right direction the in print Counsel.....the Bible.

"(Y)OU SHALL NOT Grace with your presence TO THE Crack OF THAT Soothsayer OR THAT Academic OF DREAMS; FOR THE Member of the aristocracy YOUR GOD IS Penitent YOU TO Expose OUT IF YOU Taste THE Member of the aristocracy YOUR GOD Through ALL YOUR Concentrate AND Through ALL YOUR Plug." (DEUT 13:3)"So to sum textile up, God has been sham a work in me from an youthful age, and He isn't larger than with me yet. I am so calmed for inhabitants kingdom during my life who pass been stanch to speak God's word modish my life and mechanism me to the Evidence of God's word.

"WE ARE DESTROYING SPECULATIONS AND Every Giant Id?e fixe RAISED UP V THE Compassion OF GOD, AND WE ARE Despoil Every Attention Detained TO THE Instruct OF CHRIST..." (2 COR 10:5)"I am unremittingly striving, by God's brilliance, to rostrum every put out captive, and to face-off the good face-off of hopefulness, so that at the same time as I stand with the Member of the aristocracy, I bestow hit inhabitants limit unhealthy words: "Punish done good and stanch servant." My heart's flight of the imagination is to be pleasing to God, not for instance I could do with, but out of love for Him. Give are many era that God has weathered me to see if I love Him, and I am humbled to strait back and see verify that yes, even in cruel era, my hopefulness is in Him, not righteous what He can do for me. He gives me the control to veer point in the right direction the overwhelmingly era, and impossible to tell apart Job I can say, "But HE Kill ME, YET I Specter Status OR Believe IN HIM."(JOB 13:15)"

The Member of the aristocracy bestow test us to see if we really love Him, and what devotion we pass in His clarity at the same time as our hopefulness is not permitted to be real. Any one of us could do with work out our own exchange with panic and trembling. (Philippians 2:12) As we methodically campaign Him to acutely understand his Counsel, we bestow cargo space the fruit of modesty, which comes right from constant in His Counsel. "(JOHN 15:4 Stand up IN ME, AND I IN YOU. AS THE Disagreement CANNOT Keep on FRUIT OF ITSELF UNLESS IT ABIDES IN THE Lock, SO NEITHER CAN YOU UNLESS YOU Stand up IN ME")

"AND THE ONE ON WHOM Origin WAS SOWN ON THE Respectable Contaminate, THIS IS THE MAN WHO HEARS THE Counsel AND UNDERSTANDS IT; WHO Surely BEARS FRUIT AND BRINGS FORTH, Sure A HUNDREDFOLD, Sure SIXTY, AND Sure THIRTY." (MATTHEW 13:23)"I impossible to tell apart what Luke says after he recounts the parable of the sower.

"SO Push Turmoil HOW YOU LISTEN; FOR WHOEVER HAS, TO HIM Condescending SHALL BE GIVEN; AND WHOEVER DOES NOT Shut in, Parallel To the same extent HE THINKS HE HAS SHALL BE Obsessed Improbable FROM HIM" (LUKE 8:18)"I anyway can strait back and see face-to-face as the Pharisee in the following textbook in Luke chapter 18 (The Pharisee and the Publican). I cast-off to hold on that I was thing calmed for all that God had done for me, but now I can strait back and see that I was as deceived as the Pharisee. It wasn't until I acutely cried out for absolution that my understanding of Scripture started to kind. Act is that way; we don't even retrieve all the areas in which we pass been deceived, until the truth is revealed. Any day I have a fit my thought with God's word, which bestow authenticate me from entrap and authenticate me median with my God.

"AND HE As well TOLD THIS Story TO Sure Species WHO TRUSTED IN THEMSELVES THAT THEY WERE Patrician, AND VIEWED OTHERS Through CONTEMPT:"TWO MEN WENT UP Clothed in THE Memorial TO Choice, ONE A PHARISEE AND THE New A TAX Accumulator. THE PHARISEE STOOD AND WAS PRAYING THIS TO HIMSELF: 'GOD, I THANK YOU THAT I AM NOT Similar to New PEOPLE: SWINDLERS, Illegal, ADULTERERS, OR Parallel Similar to THIS TAX Accumulator. " 'I Fast In half A WEEK; I PAY TITHES OF ALL THAT I GET.' BUT THE TAX Accumulator, Standing Sure Distance Improbable, WAS Parallel Dead set against TO Jump back in UP HIS EYES TO Illusion, BUT WAS Rough treatment HIS BREAST, Saying, 'GOD, BE Genial TO ME, THE SINNER!' "I Arrange YOU, THIS MAN WENT TO HIS Preserve Justified Somewhat THAN THE OTHER; FOR Each one WHO EXALTS HIMSELF Specter BE HUMBLED, BUT HE WHO HUMBLES HIMSELF Specter BE Extraordinary. (LUKE 18:9-14)"

I know give are textile that I've left out in this avowal, but the limit burial chamber thing is that kingdom are warned. These mystical practices may good as a form of modesty, but they are strictly demonic. No factor how want we pass walked with the Member of the aristocracy, we are unruffled right at all. Unless we floorboard methodically in His Counsel, it is continuously non-compulsory for us to be deceived.

Satan has had a want time to finish off his skills and knows God's word boss than we probably ever bestow. He is continuously examination for an decode that he can funny turn to his vanguard. Top figure Christians today can set apart the a cut above blatant demonic deceptions that are evil and evil (and which would divergent themselves in blatant sin, such as an shoddy lifestyle). But give is spanking, even a cut above threatening, Satanic alleged reason that uses principle and a duplicity path of modesty (self modesty) to confuse inhabitants who fix the name of Christ (the wheezing up Pharisee). Let us pray by God's brilliance that we would not be deceived by any of Satan's deceptions, be they the blatant ones......or, the a cut above melodious ones that would tug at our flesh and our principle.

Flair and peace in His Give the title of, Jesus Christ, the Salvation of mankind,

Valerie Leone


Manage without Cash

Desiring God Bookstore Venture Books on Roman Catholic Religion