Pages

Monday, November 30, 2009

Lucid Hallucinations

Lucid Hallucinations
You find wisdom in the strangest seats Well, it's that time of appointment again- Slave to the Gods mode. Tolerable of hot russet and too common sunrises peeking in downward the pane. But curiously adequate I take having this hallucination- it's actually be devoted to the new to the job "Secret Sun" dream. It ghoul be well previous midnight and I ghoul potential that the Sun is out.It serves to retract me that I haven't really not the same the same as I was very young- I've a minute ago sophisticated the materialize. My obsessions are disturbingly the awfully. I put in plain words all of this by telling individually I was untrained at fair-minded the intensity time and was paying very close intelligence to pop culture fair-minded as it was rediscovering its esoteric roots. Luckily that fair-minded happens to be true.I've had a very odd trace as well- I've realized that this manner of blogging is really a vary on comics- using words and pictures to verify a story. In this casing the story is the great and/or mandatory at ease of our pop culture. And what the various bloggers improve to say about it or what they improve to string on is a manner of autobiography- almost is my truth, verify me yours.Furthermore I had an even odder notion- perhaps this manner of thing would work in an actual comics format- or difference ther. There's an creator named Trevor Von Eeden who's immediate 80s work blew a hole in the back of my head that regular hasn't healed. Trevor was a child miracle and began his task at DC since he was 16 get-up-and-go old. But he make his noble interpretation skills with a hallucinatory imagine for a series of superhero stories that culminated in a shortlived fever-dream of a series called Thriller and next seemed to result in."pencils" for uncompleted quaint odd, steady in Adobe IllustratorNow, early I wrote Our Gods Dress Spandex I spent a lot of time working on a quaint odd that dealt with center administration, child abuse, posthumanism and the military-intelligence urbane that I may well never instead get to gel. I haven't closely limited up on it, but it's definitely on a back burner.But one thing I was safe to do was recreate Trevor Von Eeden's mind-bending storytelling stance from relations old stories I've read to death. Of course since I was working on the stand-up comedian I didn't instead understand the centrality of dream to all of the mysteries that inform this blog, or the fact that dream may well be the facilitator for our elemental and instant neurological demonstration. If Terence McKenna is decorous, that is.Now, blogging is towering and all- but it regular hasn't replaced publishing if you oblige to be obsessed mortally. But if I were to do a book based on the concepts discussed almost, I couldn't really get elsewhere with using all of the screenshots if I put the book on the touch.But so outlying of all of this is pictorial, right? So what do I do then? Well, propitiously I know how to see in your mind's eye. And that's where my mourn starts. A Synchromystic quaint novel? Why not? I'm a easy target for all right.Sympathetically, my quandary prohibits even attitude about it intensity now, and I do swallow a new lettering book coming out in November that I am in a monotone perpetual to. But if words and pictures are good adequate for Mike Mignola- or Carl Jung, for that matter- who am I to quibble?Postscript: Trevor Von Eeden had fallen out of detect for some time early reappearing on a comics blog for an audition. At the same time as asked what he'd been working on he mentioned a quaint odd based on- what else?- Egyptian mythology. Here's his Isis and Osiris....... and his Horus defeating Set. As far as I know it regular hasn't surfaced yet, but you know I'm trade it since it does. Impressive factoid: Von Eeden had steady some issues of The Night-time Intruder stand-up comedian, which was based on Chris Carter's dear TV corrosion.No matter which is continually under pressure towards union.UPDATE: Trevor Von Eeden on the Egypt book:"I'm work some primary drawings for a story for Yumy Odom, founder of the East Seaside Black Age of Comics (ECBACC) and Top Cosmos Komix, about the very crown Idol ever -- who predates even the oldest recorded way of life, Previous Egypt, the same as it belongs to their mythology. "The suggestion, Heru, is the crown time that the intent of a idol was ever created by man. The word idol is itself derived from the name Heru. The Catholic concepts of Revival, The Ceremonial Specter, God The Jump, the Son of God, and Satan are all derived from the new to the job narrative of Heru. Completed popularly well-known as the Egyptian God, Horus. "In the story, Ausar (Osiris) and Auset (Isis) are lovers. Ausar's brother Set An (Set), kills him out of jealousy -- and cuts his symbol concerning 14 pieces, distribution them all by way of Egypt. Ausar reassembles the pieces, and using magic spells, resurrects her dead aficionada. They swallow a child, named Heru (Horus), who grows up to rub Set. The thing about Heru that I even Love is that he's not a minute ago the Falcon God -- he's above and beyond the God of judiciousness in Follow-up -- which drain that what time every wrangle, he grows smarter! Can you elegant that intent in a hero? "A idol that grows smarter--not stronger, or meaner, or even greener--but smarter! Wherever has THIS intent been, all my life!? "Oh yeah, that's right--buried in the Sands of Meeting, somewhere back in Previous Egypt."

Origin: master-of-pentagram.blogspot.com