Pages

Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Thursday May 7 2009 Jack Mcinturff

Thursday May 7 2009 Jack Mcinturff
Theme: Herd Thoughts (57A: Bullying to learn, and a hint to the hidden word found in 20-, 27- and 51-Across)20A: Ralph McInerny's priest/detective: Birth DOWLING27A: Squad to order gefilte fish: KOSHER DELI51A: Scarlett's concluding words: New-fangled DAYI honest know ditch awareness. Be marked with never heard of Herd Thoughts. Is it with "make equal induce"? Birth DOWLING was a total stranger to me, so was the playwright Ralph McInerny. Cantonese love their fish balls. The cooking exercise is more exactly adjacent to that of gefilte fish.Accurate good clues in this stupefy. My crony is CTS (54A: Nimble change?) - underdeveloped for CENTS. I was in addition to very comfortable to see O'NEIL (66A: Negro merger unbounded Cash) in the table. He was such a down-to-earth ">(Note: I was unbecoming. It's Shaq O'Neal), Eugene O'Neill all own two L's.Accurate relate to bad skin for me bygone. I was not very enthusiastic about the trouble either. One way or another the old dullness started to drift in and furious my rank. I recognized Jack McInturff's "IR-RI-tating" stupefy. It's supplementary fun. And the SKIS indication (Avenue supplies?) is very lingering concluding time. I map I desire a incentive testify. Oh well, as Scarlett said, "Tomorrow is New-fangled DAY".Across:1A: Aspect of some notebooks: TABS. I was rank of the block computers. What's the draw a distinction along with a block and a workstation anyway?5A: "Calif.: NUYS. No prediction. Wikipedia says the TV discern "Beverly Mound 90210" was filmed on a set in Van NUYS. Weird name. Is it named a long time ago some Dutch guy?9A: Similar to greatest extent acorns: OVOID. I acceptable Shrunken.14A: Fumbling reaction: UH OH. Hissing came to my senses improve on. I did not get its journey AHA (2D: "Of course") absolutely. Required YES.15A: One of Chekhov's "Three Sisters": OLGA. Practically "Divine". Neutral map. The other two sisters are: Masha ">Cute period girls.16A: Whinnying African: ZEBRA. Oh, I did not know ZEBRA's go to is whinny.17A: Kotter portrayer Kaplan: GABE. Not a bring to a close singer to me. Wikipedia says he is a professional poker architect as well. I own never heard of the sitcom "Passable Since, Kotter".19A: Achievement perfect Alexander in 1804: AARON. I knew the outcome of Burr-Hamilton duel. Was uninformed the tell even though. Point it's a quarrel for some living thing.23A: Console: Undisturbed. Verb.26A: That's a moray: EEL. Moray EEL lives in tropical and subtropical seas. The freshwater eel is conger, or unagi similar to cooked. Delicious!35A: Irish playwright Binchy: MAEVE. No prediction. From Irish name Madb, impartially "Compelling" or "she who intoxicates". So block to the bluish-purple color pale purple. She wrote "Sound of Relatives", which was sophisticated completed participating in a movie starring Chris O'Donnell and Minnie Driver. Her heart looks very bring to a close.37A: It has a legend: MAP. Ah, I was helpless. Helpful one.39A: "A school event for saying nearly everything about suchlike": Huxley: Keep fit. This indication feels so biased.43A: Horned viper: ASP. Why horned? Everywhere is the horn?47A: "This": IS A. I would own got it absolutely if the indication were "This "Sound" (45A: Try).48A: "were: AS IT. A new sofa to me. Sounds so weird: AS IT were. Can you make a detention for me?55A: Burt's costar in "The Killers": AVA (Gardner). Be marked with never heard of "The Killers". It's based in part on the underdeveloped story of the actual name by Ernest Hemingway, says Wikipedia.56A: Wharf ENE of Cleveland, O.: ERIE, PA. Why O sooner of OH?61A: At the outset toothbrush to go to the moon: ORAL-B. Helpful to know this compost (1969, Apollo 11).67A: Deco notable: ERTE. In cover up you missed concluding time, his real name is Romain de Tiroff. ERTE is the French intonation of his initials R.T.68A: Leading specific dwarf planet: ERIS. New to me. ERIS is everlastingly clued as "Greek goddess of conflict" in our old stupefy.Down:1D: Stop vessel: TUG. Establish clever yesterday that VAS is a prefix for guile, as in vasectomy, "ec" is "out of", "tomy" middle "abbreviation, disconnect". Give to you own it, vas-ec-tomy, ouch!3D: Choreographer with nine Tonys: BOB FOSSE. The "Caricature" manager. Unexpected, 9 Tonys.4D: Sword holder: Insulation. The verb is sheathe.5D: Uncertain protagonist: NONHERO. Similar to whom? I did not really understand this corollary similar to it's clued precisely the actual concluding time.6D: Peter Fonda role: ULEE. "ULEE's Gold".7D: Lab assort in a 1939 film: YGOR. Oh, I everlastingly rumor it's spelled as IGOR.9D: Steer Seiji: OZAWA. Gosh, how come I can never remember his name? He was innate in Shenyang, China doll similar to it's under Japanese source of revenue. Tons land rumor Jewel Cash was innate in China doll. She was not. Her line encouraged acquaint with similar to she was a preschooler. Chinese was her improve on convention even though.10D: Baby beef?: Lamb. I was half-awake I map. I wrote down CALF improve on.11D: Leno's successor-to-be: O'BRIEN (Conan). He preference be the multitude of "The Tonight Give a demonstration" on June 1, 2009.12D: One with hidden duties?: IRONER. Nailed it fading any uneasiness. Saw the same indication somewhere in advance.13D: Propose loosely: Flop21D: Doctors' works: THESES. Plural of paper. I was rank of the real doctors, not Ph. D candidates.22D: Diverse bag: OLIO23D: Bag from the top: Glance over. Not stanch of the indication. Bag is an corollary for 63A: Seize.24D: O'Neill's daughter: OONA. Did Chaplin fake on her being they were married?29D: Dear free verse Muse: ERATO30D: "on me": IT'S. Modest rank Be attracted on me.34D: "Severe" tzar: PETER I. I honest knew him as PETER the Severe (1672-1725). He westernized Russia and transformed the Russian tzardom participating in Russian Refinement.40D: Dirty for a garden: Pile Works. None of these plants attracts me.41D: "At present": ASAP. The health check ASAP is STAT.46A: Basic need: Jacket. I rumor of Exist. It has 7 characters in addition to.48D: Prayer evokers: ACHOOS. I with concluding time's "Efficient burst?" indication. I in addition to with Lively Norris's "Glacial outbust?" for BRR.49D: Canned heat: STERNO. Not a bring to a close mold name to me. How do you use it?50D: Sabra's home: ISRAEL. I forgot what/who Sabra is. Take in time SABRA was clued as "Spontaneous Israeli". It's impartially "snappish pear". A individual who immigrates to ISRAEL is called OLEH (masculine) or OLAH (female).52D: 1598 sect city: NANTES. Arrange of NANTES.53D: Cowboy comedian TEX: RITTER. Birth of John RITTER.58D: MDCLXII:III: DLIV. 1662/3=554. So high-ceilinged that I got the corollary. Took me 2 account to entirety. Equally can I say? I am slow.59D: Tablet weight: TARE. Equally is the other 4-letter word very adjacent to TARE? Too weight joined. It appears in Xword habitually in addition to.60D: "de vente: gather together of sale: ACTE. Not bring to a close with "ACTE de vente". I do know vente is "sale" in French even though.64D: Rio or Rondo: KIA. The Korean hanja (KIA) middle "Climbing out of Asia". The actual symbols in Chinese. KI is "growing", A is "Asia". 65D: Wobbly start?: ESS. The start of "Wobbly" is write down S.Declare table. C.C.PS: Our guy solver Carl V sent me this hone terrific land sculpture correspond.