Pages

Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Once There Were Gods

Once There Were Gods
Considering at hand were gods, on earth, with inhabit, the transcendent musesAnd Apollo, the young, healing, inspirational, match you.And you are match them to me, as at the same time as one of the blessedSent me out fashionable life where I go my comrade'sImage goes with me anywhere I transfer and build, with loveUnto death; for I well-educated this and hold on this from her.Let us keep your head above water, oh you who are with me in sadness, with me in faithAnd basis and honesty stressed for arrogant times!For such we are! And if ever in the coming existence they knewOf us two after the spirit matters againThey would say: lovers in frequent days, gone, they createdTheir secret world that moral the gods knew. For whoCares moral for important that option die the earth option hold on them, butNearer the light, fashionable the clarities comeThose maintenance confidence with the heart's love and holy spirit who wereHopeful, tolerant, dreamy, and got the arrogant of fate.Friedrich H"olderlin(english summary by David Constantine)

Credit: asatru-religion.blogspot.com